About this Role:
Brand + Web Marketing Studio Satellite Six LLC is looking for a Marketing Strategist to add to our growing team! This full time role is focused on developing marketing strategies for our clients, and building long-term relationships with them.
The Marketing Strategist is responsible for building client relationships, while delivering service excellence to existing clients. This role serves as the primary client communication connection between a client’s marketing and visual content needs and the services provided by the Satellite Six team, delivering a client-focused, full-service marketing partnership. This role is primarily responsible for growing and retaining client accounts, managing a concurrent client portfolio of six to eight partner clients.
- Build strategies, collaborate, and advise partner clients
- Serve as client liaison on behalf of Satellite Six, to connect prospective client needs to Satellite Six services
- Develop strategies and KPIs, and work to pitch those ideas to our clients
- Reflect Satellite Six values in all client discussions, presentations, and service agreements
- Serve as primary account representative for active clients
- Retain & build loyalty in current partner clients
- Participate in existing client ‘check-in’ sessions; translate client needs to production team
- Capture and document each client’s check-in session notes and plan; send copy to client
- Provide regular and frequent updates to client regarding progress on plan, and any issues identified for resolution
- Facilitate conversion from current Success Blueprint clients to partner clients.
- Verify that monthly billing matches client expectations and services realized
- Anticipate client needs for services into the future, and facilitate service conversations at least 60-90 days before current agreement ends, to continue uninterrupted service.
- Build market knowledge of industry trends and competitors
- Continuously enhance S6 knowledge of industry trends and target customer expectations
- Understand the unique value proposition of S6 versus regional and national competitors
- Understand and articulate the scope of services within the S6 team; know S6 team’s limits
- Advance the Voice of the Customer/Client to the S6 team regarding client needs & expectations; negotiate best collaborative solutions to client needs
- Conduct periodic targeted market evaluations to identify new areas of growth opportunity
- Participate in strategic planning sessions to reflect emerging market needs and interests
- Serve as a S6 Team Culture Ambassador
- Learn about the mission, vision, and values of Satellite Six, and how it relates to this role;
- Become proficient at key responsibilities of this role;
- Carry out position responsibilities consistently and effectively to reflect well on our team internally and outwardly to clients;
- Learn about specific team member roles and abilities, and how each role interacts;
- Reflect a positive, helpful attitude at work, with shared accountability for client results.
- Be responsible for ongoing professional learning & improvement
- Be alert for areas for process improvement that impact the customer or team experience
- Identify potential solutions through team brainstorming, or bring to owner if additional resources or policy changes are involved
- Identify personal skill development needs, to add additional value to clients and the team
- Share knowledge gained from formal and informal learning with the team, as indicated
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Strategic Marketing
- Customer/Client Focus
- Collaboration skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Decision Making
- Project Management
- Time Management
This position reports to the President and Business Development Director. This position does not require any team member supervision.
This position operates in a professional office, routinely using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, visual display boards, and filing cabinets. This position is performed in the office, and requires some travel to client sites involving some outside weather exposure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position is primarily sedentary, though may require standing, walking, bending, stooping or crouching at times. The employee may occasionally be required to lift items over 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities to do this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8-5pm, with some flexibility in start and end times. Exact hours may vary based upon the needs and requirements of customers.
Regional travel may be required during the business day, with out-of-the-immediate-area and overnight travel generally less than 20% of total work time.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or related business management field.
- Minimum of two years marketing experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Three to five years marketing experience.
- Demonstrated results in marketing.
- Experience in digital marketing techniques.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- People engagement skills, necessary to build rapport with internal team & prospective clients
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Ability to work independently; manage multiple simultaneous tasks and responsibilities.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
S6 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, S6 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
S6 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of S6’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.